Genome edited animal models for studying your gene of interest
InVivo Biosystems is a licensed CRISPR solutions provider. We deliver CRISPR genome edited animal models that allow scientists to study biological processes in simpler contexts without losing the value of in vivo studies.
Using CRISPR and other genome editing methods, we can create genetically engineered animal models for better understanding genetic mutations. Using the power of gene replacement, InVivo Biosystems can humanize Zebrafish and C. elegans into powerful avatars for disease biology discovery.
Model Stxbp1a Patient Variants in Zebrafish
Illustration of a successful precise point mutation of Stxbp1a in Zebrafish. Stxbp1a is a highly conserved zebrafish ortholog of human STXBP1 (87% identity). Using CRISPR/Cas9 technology, we were able to precisely generate a benign patient mutation at the conserved amino acid residue (CCC>CTG, p.P94L).
Model Stxbp1a Patient Variants in C. elegans
The video below shows that the human coding sequence of STXBP1 is inserted into the native locus of a C. elegans ortholog gene. The worms version of the gene is replaced with a human coding sequence.
- Left: the gene-swapped STXBP1 sequence functions and shows a significant level of activity.
- Middle: In contrast, the knock-out shows very little activity.
- Right: for the R406H genomic variant, its activity is somewhere in between the “humanized” and “knock-out” strain.
Who We Serve
We work with scientists seeking new or alternative ways to approach their research.
- R&D researchers who need to test their hypotheses before moving to a mammalian system.
- Pharmaceutical companies who need to quickly understand a compound’s mechanism of action.
- Animal-conscious organizations who need to perform proof-of-concept validation.
- Researchers studying longevity and senescence who want to eliminate the maintaining and handling of mice for months.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Ready to connect with us to learn more about working with our company or our technology?