The Worm Recovery Kit is an add-on to the ScreenChip Phenotyping System that allows you to retrieve your worms after collecting phenotyping data. Use the Worm Recovery Kit to:
- Screen and retrieve your worms for a complete population analysis
- Perform longitudinal studies
- Conduct genetic analysis of your worms post-phenotyping
The ScreenChip System was designed to allow the worms to move their head and tail freely while being gently immobilized into the microfluidic chip. Worms are moved in a gentle and controlled manner through the chip and into the Worm Recovery Kit using negative pressure.
How to use the Worm Recovery Kit:
- Step 1: Connect the kit between the ScreenChip System outlet and the vacuum source and proceed as usual.
- Step 2: Collected worm into a 1.5mL epitube.
- Step 3: Pipet up the worms for additional phenotyping assays and/or longitudinal studies.
The Worm Recovery Kit is compatible with most 1.5 mL epitubes.
Worm Recovery Kit Components:
- 1 Epitube microfluidic adapter
- 1 Fitting knob for 1/16 OD tubing (1/4"-28 )
- 1 Insert tubing
- 1 Liquid trap tubing
- 5 1.5 mL epitube