Designed for rapid, efficient, column-free extraction of PCR-ready DNA from C. elegans. Traditional extraction methods take 2 hours, the Worm Lysis Kit requires only a 15-minute incubation before the DNA is ready for use directly in your PCR.
DNA extraction is performed in a single tube without multiple washing steps to reduce potential contamination and sample loss and allows for quality DNA templates to be obtained consistently from single or multiple worm lysis reactions.
- Fast –Single-tube DNA extraction in 15 minutes
- Convenient - PCR-ready DNA
- Reliable - Maximized PCR speed, yield and specificity
- Consistent - Minimize contamination risks and sample loss
- Run multiple PCRs from a single lysis reaction.
- Each lysis reaction results in 100 uL of PCR-ready DNA and only 2 uL is required per PCR.
- Works well with as little as one worm per reaction or several worms.
- Amplicons of 3kb can be obtained by PCR, when DNA template is obtained from our lysis protocol.
- The DNA generated with the Worm Lysis Kit is suitable for use in all downstream PCR and qPCR applications without further clean-up steps. It can also be stored at -20°C for future use.
"I was very skeptical that I could get a good signal from 2 ul of single worm lysate that was diluted to 100 ul. Well, I must admit it worked well! I was very surprised. For years we have been lysing single worms in 2-4 ul and using 2 ul per PCR reaction. I would have never guessed we could dilute our lysates to 100 ul and still get a good signal from PCR. I think we would use it often". - Dr. Andy Golden, NIH
PCR amplification from single worm lysate. Single worms were picked into 10 µl of Worm Lysis Buffer. After the lysis protocol the samples were diluted 10-fold and used in a PCR reaction with the NemaMetrix PCR Mix.
- Components: 5x Worm Lysis Buffer A (1 x 200 µl) and 10x Worm Lysis Buffer B (1 x 100 µl)
- Volume: each kit provides enough reagents for 100 lysates
- Storage upon receipt: <-20℃
Certificate of Analysis
Safety Data Sheet
- Stored at -20°C on arrival. Will retain full activity for 12 months at -20°C
- Avoid prolonged exposure to light.
- The kit can go through 30 freeze/thaw cycles with no loss of activity.