InVivo Biosystems is taking applications for future openings on our Zebrafish Husbandry team. This team is responsible for the propagation, humane care and maintenance of zebrafish (Danio rerio) within our onsite and our university based facilities. This team also provides assistance with experimental work and sample analysis involving zebrafish.
What You’ll Be Doing
- General zebrafish husbandry and maintenance – Perform all necessary tasks to keep the fish in good health
Continuous culturing of live food (rotifers)
Daily checks of fish health and mechanical systems
Routine maintenance of genetic stocks
Maintenance and breeding of various transgenic fish lines
Overseeing the operation and upkeep of the facility
Testing and maintaining water quality
Detailed record keeping
Provides assistance with laboratory safety programs
Opportunities for involvement in related research involving phenotyping and/or molecular biology assays
- Solution and media preparation using sterile technique
- Adherence to federal, state and laboratory specific animal care and use guidelines
- Other assignments as directed
What You Bring to the Table
As you will be joining a growing biotech company, adaptability and ability to work in a dynamic environment are a must. The ideal candidate will also be a great team player, a creative problem-solver and have great observational skills to identify possible problems with the habitat systems or animal health.
- Level of role is determined by a combination of education in the biological sciences and relevant zebrafish or other aquatic husbandry experience. At a minimum we require at least some college level coursework in biology or related discipline and at least 6 months of relevant husbandry and lab experience.
- Must be reliable and willing to work flexible hours to accommodate facility needs – this may include working a Tuesday – Saturday or Sunday – Thursday schedule or occasional holidays.
- Solid mathematic and calculation skills.
- Working knowledge of standard laboratory equipment and protocols.
- Ability to apply the scientific method and similar logical skills to problem-solving.
- Ability to work proficiently and efficiently on time-sensitive issues.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to completing assigned tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time at a lab bench and/or in rooms with temperatures from 80-85o (Farenheit).
- Ability to transport themselves between our facility in West Eugene and the University of Oregon zebrafish lab during a work day.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Inclusion, it’s in our DNA. At InVivo Biosystems, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that encourages, supports, and celebrates diversity. These are not just words for us – we actively seek to create an environment that reflects the global community we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We are scientists, researchers and barrier breakers – we are unique individuals. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion drive innovation. Together, we spark the insights that create a better, healthier world.
InVivo Biosystems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other protected category as required by applicable law.