InVivo Biosystems is taking applications for future openings for Scientist level candidates. Our Scientists work collaboratively with Technical Sales Scientists, Lab Technicians and leadership to delivery multiple projects that support the research efforts of our industry and academic customers as well as internal grant funded development.
General Summary of Responsibilities
- Perform hands-on, high-quality lab work.
- Adapt and improve existing in vivo experimental protocols to obtain high-throughput and reproducible C. elegans and/or zebrafish projects.
- Apply innovative thinking to evaluate opportunities for improved technical or process performance
- Plan, develop and execute experimental procedures with appropriate controls, organizing workflows to make effective use of time.
- Adapt and improve existing mobio or phenotyping protocols, exhibiting attention to detail, to obtain high-throughput, reliable and reproducible results. Ensure techniques developed are transferred to usable SOPs.
- Develop milestones and timelines, and effectively communicate assay development progress with stakeholders.
- Work both collaboratively as well as independently to meet commercial, internal, and grant project timelines, with the ability to deliver on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Accurately record and maintain data/results as well as review documentation by others.
- Prepare written client reports and present data internally and to clients.
- Maintain a high level of scientific integrity and laboratory safety.
- Develop and write protocols and SOPs.
- Mentor and train Lab Technicians and/or other Scientists.
- Other assignments as required.
InVivo Biosystems is looking for individuals that possess a positive can-do attitude, are adaptable, and thrive in a fast-paced collaborative and diverse environment. In addition, successful candidates will have the following:
- Masters degree or Ph.D. in molecular biology, genetics, bioengineering, or similar life sciences field.
- Level of role is determined by a combination of education in the biological sciences and relevant experience.
- Prior experience with C. elegans and/or zebrafish or similar animal models preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve difficult and complex multi-factorial problems.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve, apply critical thinking skills, and respond to changing goals.
- Above-average written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex scientific data.
- Experience in industry or commercial laboratory setting preferred.
- Experience using Asana or Benchling highly desired.
- Familiarity with MS Office or Google Suite or similar software.
In addition to our friendly and collegial staff, we offer a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Basic and Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401k Plan with an employer match
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Paternity & Pregnancy/Maternity Leaves
- Flexible work schedules
- Dog-friendly office
- Employee Events
- We support a fully COVID-19 vaccinated facility and we do require COVID-19 and seasonal flu vaccinations excluding those who have exemptions.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Inclusion, it’s in our DNA. At InVivo Biosystems, we’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that encourages, supports, and celebrates diversity. These are not just words for us – we actively seek to create an environment that reflects the global community we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We are scientists, researchers, business people, and barrier breakers – we are unique individuals. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion drive innovation. Together, we spark the insights that create a better, healthier world.
InVivo Biosystems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category as required by applicable law.