Love worms or fish?
As a seasoned Lab Technician you’ll be working with C. elegans and/or zebrafish. You’ll collaborate with Scientists and other Lab Techs in performing hands-on bench work to complete transgenic and/or phenotyping projects and meet delivery milestones for our clients around the globe.
If you are looking to be a part of a great team and work on interesting projects, apply now!
InVivo Biosystems is a growing, biotechnology company. Utilizing alternative animal models we are a trusted partner to scientists and researchers around the world to quickly and cost effectively develop human relevant solutions for early-stage disease studies, drug discovery, and wellness.
We are headquartered in Eugene, Oregon.
A Day in the Life of a Lab Technician
In this role, you will work collaboratively with the phenotyping or transgenics teams to delivery high quality results for multiple and simultaneous client, grant funded, and internal projects. You may also:
- Participate in daily standups for work assignments and troubleshooting projects.
- Conduct phenotype screening including behavioral, physiological, and molecular methods
- Culture and maintain C. elegans and/or zebrafish handling and imaging
- Perform microinjections.
- Detect precise edits in vivo using standard to advanced molecular biology techniques.
- Screen and propagate de novo genome edited animals.
- Troubleshoot genome editing or phenotyping projects.
- Compile and analyze genotyping or phenotyping data.
- Prepare solutions and buffers using sterile techniques to complete the above activities.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement to optimize processes & timelines.
- Review, update and adhere to SOPs.
- Accurately record detailed project task work and completion in Asana.
- You may be asked to pitch in with other responsibilities as needed.
If you thrive in a team environment, are a creative problem-solver, and are always looking to improve what you do and how you do it – this is the place for you. Being a part of a growing biotech company, the ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced environment is a must.
In addition, you’ll possess the following:
- BS degree in molecular biology, biology, or related life sciences discipline.
- For Lab Tech II level: At least 2 yrs of full-time related wet lab experience OR 3-5 years equivalent combination of life sciences related education and wet lab experience.
- For Lab Tech III level: At least 4 yrs of full-time related wet lab experience OR 5-8 years equivalent combination of life sciences related education and lab experience.
- Proficiency using basic laboratory equipment and following standard protocols.
- Solid mathematic and calculation skills.
- Ability to perform standard techniques such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, primer design, and DNA Sequence Analysis.
- Experience with protein, DNA, or RNA isolation, behavioral/physiological phenotyping of a model organism and/or fluorescence microscopy imaging and analysis.
- Previous experience with microinjection.
- High attention to detail, initiative, and ability to creatively troubleshoot are a must.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to completing assigned tasks.
- Must be reliable and willing to accommodate flexible scheduling needs – such as occasional weekend or holiday work.
- Ability to stand for extended periods while working at a lab bench and traverse a 15,000 sq. ft lab/office space.
- We support a fully COVID-19 vaccinated facility and require COVID-19 vaccines or requests for medical or religious exemptions.
- Experience with zebrafish, C. elegans, drosophila or other similar small animal models highly desired.
- Advanced gene-editing or phenotyping experience.
- Experience with design of plasmids using vector building software such as Benchling, Ape or equivalent.
- Previous experience with Asana.
In addition to our friendly and collegial staff, we offer a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Basic and Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401k Plan with an employer match
- Flexible Paid Time Off Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Paternity & Pregnancy/Maternity Leaves
- Flexible work schedules
- Dog-friendly office
- Employee Events
InVivo Biosystems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other protected category as required by applicable law.