C. elegans Inject Express Service
Inject Express is a fast and affordable way to turn your prepared plasmids into C. elegans strains. You provide the injection mix and we complete the injections and return the worms to you for screening in less than a week.
- Injections are completed in sets of 10 worms.
- Injected worms are checked at 24 hours post injection for survival, and all surviving animals are sent to the client.
- We recommend 1 set of worms injected for extrachromosomal array projects and 3 sets of worms injected for MosSCI and CRISPR projects.
Successful vs. Unsuccessful Injections
Examples of successful (left) and unsuccessful (right) injections. The video captures COP1403 (unc-18) injections.
Inject Express Service Details
Need assistance making your injection mix?
- Send us your plasmid and we will prepare it using our proprietary clean-up method proven to increase transgenic yield.
- We will then complete your injection mix with your choice of co-markers.
- The Injection Mix Preparation fee applies to each injection mix.
Need an alternative C. elegans strain injected?
- We can do it! We need an additional week to grow a population suitable for injection.
- A Strain Preparation fee will be applied once per project.
- Injection into N2, unc-119 (ed3) null, unc-18 null, or various MosSCI strains (ttTi5605, cxTi10882, ttTi14024) is included.
- Due to temperature requirements, we recommend that we keep your miniMOS projects at our facility post injection (as opposed to shipping the following day) to ensure a higher chance of success
- Heat shock screening and shipping of surviving lines can be completed for an additional fee.
In the event of low transgenic yield, we are happy to provide troubleshooting for your mix.
Service Options (price reflects academic pricing)
|Injection Mix Preparation||$85|
|Worm Strain Preparation||$95|
|Injections (set of 10 worms)||$325|
- Preferred: you provide your own FedEx, UPS, or DHL account or a pre-paid label.
- Ship via FedEx by NemaMetrix: $100 domestic; $200 international. Due to shipping time requirements, USPS cannot be used to ship Inject Express projects.