C. elegans Degron Tagging Service
You can knock-in a degron tag on an endogenous protein or fluorescent protein with our degron tagging service.
Adding a degron tag enables you to:
- use protein degradation as an complementary method to genetic knockouts or RNAi
- tag your protein of interested for degradation at the protein level
- control the timing of protein degradation with an inducer (e.g. auxin, blue light)
- confirm degradation of your protein when paired with a fluorescent sequence
- visualize protein localization to organelles or other membranes
Choose From a Variety of Systems
You can choose from a variety of degron inducible and developmental systems including Auxin Inducible Degradation, Photosensitive or blue-light inducible degradation, degron-tagged reporters of membrane topology, and OMA-1 tags that work to degrade protein from the 1-cell stage.
Use our degron tags in combination with the fluorescent tagging to visualize protein expression and degradation.
Things to consider when ordering your strain:
- Degron tag best suited for your experiments
- Best terminus to tag
For auxin-inducible degradation, TIR1 is necessary to generate a functional recognition complex and achieve successful target degradation. If you do not have a TIR1-expressing strain ready, we can suggest the most suitable commercially available strain, or we can generate a custom TIR1 strain for you.
If you are unsure, our genetic engineering experts will be glad to advise you. Contact us.
Service Details (price reflects academic pricing)
|Service Package||Price||Est. Delivery Time|
|Full Build||$4,560||7 - 8 Weeks|
|Candidate Lines||$3,039||6 - 7 Weeks|
|Custom Injection Mix||$1,295||5 - 6 Weeks|